Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Update

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. Not too much has been going on here in Korea. Everyday is the same thing really. School, which is always the same, home, dinner, school. On my weekends now I usually go to Songtan, where the U.S. Airbase is located. I have friends there and we eat some western food and hang out. So, here are some photos that I've taken over the last few weeks. I hope you enjoy.
A couple of weeks ago was the Anseong festival. My friend Jude came over to check it out. The festival was quite a dud. However, we went out that night. So here are some candid bar shots from Anseong. The one bar, Angler 9, has a central bar with a pyramid of beer. There is an ice trough around it and you just pull out the beer that you want and drink it. It's pretty nifty.


Thursday was my school's sports day. A whole day of sporting events for the kids. I was bored all day, but the kids had fun. Each class had a uniform shirt, which was kind of fun. Some of the more interesting things were an under-water breath holding competition that looked like Mr. Yoo was drowning the children!

Here is the gym teacher, fully in his element. Always with the track suit, sunglasses, and hat. He's a super nice guy.

This shirt on the front said "I'm a nice person." On the back it says "so what." The big letters in the middle spell "mwo" which means "what." I thought they were neat.

1 comment:

Helios said...

i want one of those shirts!