Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Indian Summer

It's the middle of October. The leaves are starting to change color. I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside and still sweating. One of these things doesn't belong. Which one is it?

I am in the middle of an Indian summer here in Korea. It's cool to cold at night. But during the day it is HOT. I cannot believe that it is October and I'm still wearing shorts everyday. It's kind of crazy. Every Korean has agreed that we have had the hottest summer that they can remember. To have that 7th-circle-of-hell summer followed by an albeit cooler, but basically still hot fall is just adding insult to injury. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

From what I hear about South Korean winters, I'm relishing this last burst of warmth before the cold. Although Korea does not get much in terms of snow they have something extra special. Cold air from Siberia that stays centered over the Korean peninsula. Now, having lived in Kalamazoo and lived through blizzards and the worst that Michigan has to offer, we'll see how touch and macho I am when it comes to these Siberian blasts.

When there is nothing left to discuss... you can always turn to the weather.

2 comments:

Helios said...

hey, i'm still wearing shorts too!

Helios said...

Dan, Min Ji is not tough and macho...make sure she you get her a little Hello Kitty down parka in case her hair growth doesn't keep up with the Siberian blasts!