Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lazy Days

Well, I've had the week off from school. Tuesday was the anniversary of the founding of the Republic of Korea. So, it was just a nice legal holiday. Thursday was the big holiday, Chuseok, Korean thanksgiving. It's their biggest holiday here, celebrating the harvest. Families visit grave plots and eat and stuff.

What did I do with my 6 days off? Not a damned thing. I went to Seoul on monday night with Victoria to grab dinner, didn't get home till almost midnight. The nice thing there was that we met two black women that are here in Korea studying Korean at Cheonan University. They're from Congo. I cannot imagine going to school here like that. Living in Korean dorms and eating Korean food three times a day. Brave brave girls.

I intended on studying Korean this week. Taking some leisurely time to go through things. Insteady, I cleaned one day, and took naps every day. THAT is how you should spend a holiday. Tomorrow is sunday, my last day of freedom. I still don't want to do anything. Maybe I'll go to Seoul, but more than likely I will sleep in, lounge around in my pajamas, take a nap, and maybe mozey on downtown and go to the market. Man, Korea is great when you have no work.

1 comment:

Helios said...

yeah, me too...i love vacations that are nice and lazy and not over structured....lounging around is good!

yes, i played in the same orchestra concert as shari...and i played an outdoor chinese wedding (all in chinese) on sat. I thought of you, even though it was chinese and not korean....we were invited to the reception (they insisted!). I sat by an very old taiwanese lady that spoke japanese. She asked me if i was japanese (she must have had cataracts or something!) She kept slipping back into chinese and japanese while trying to talk in english....it was an amusing evening...