Friday, December 08, 2006

My Tongue is Broken

Say this one fast for some fun times:

Betty Botter had some butter,
"But," she said, "this butter's bitter.
If I bake this bitter butter,
It would make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter --
that would make my batter better."

So she bought a bit of butter,
better than her bitter butter,
and she baked it in her batter,
and the batter was not bitter.
So 'twas better Betty Botter
bought a bit of better butter.

That was hard to type too!
How about this one?

Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager
imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?

In any class, tongue twisters are fun. What's your favorite one?

1 comment:

Helios said...

You can say that fast with that stud in your tongue? ;)

ok, you asked for it....

Clean clams crammed in clean cans.

Luke's duck likes lakes. Luke Luck licks lakes. Luke's duck licks lakes. Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes. Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.
--from Dr. Seuss' Fox in Socks

Birdie bird ie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye.
If cows could fly I'd have a cow pie in my eye.

and, if you dare....

How many sheets could a sheet slitter slit if a sheet slitter could slit sheets?