Sunday, December 03, 2006

Not Again!!!

Thursday night was a night like every other. I was home, relaxing before going to bed. For dinner I'd had a couple of eggs and some toast. Nothing exciting.

Around 10 o'clock my stomach started to get upset. I took some pepto (which I got from the military base months ago). That didn't do anything for me. My back started to hurt really bad. I started to sweat quite a bit, eventhough it was freezing outside and kinda chilly in my apartment. Then I started to projectile vomit. Uh oh. Not good. Been there, done that.

I called my co-teacher who lives closest to me, and got ready for him to take me to the hospital. At the ER they gave me a shot in the butt (of course). Ten minutes later it was over. The entire incident from beginning to end was an hour.

What the hell is going on? Well, the doctor said that my stomach was contracting severely (duh?). This caused the vomitting. The contracting put pressure on a nerve causing the pain in the back.

Okay. But why? Well, the doc said it could have been food, but it was isolated. The last times when it was food poisoning I was vomitting for a week. The doc said it was most likely caused by stress.

Where is this stress coming from? I don't quite know. My best guess is that it's coming from my extreme exhaustion that is the norm for me these past few months. I'm going to the doctor to check about me possibly having sleep apnea. So, I'm sleeping very poorly. Other than that, I have no idea. My kids are watching a movie right now. School is easy. Finished my TEFL course. Where is the stress?

I hope that this doesn't happen again anytime soon. The pain is so severe. I don't really want to experience that anymore. Why has this only happened to me in Korea? I don't get it.

1 comment:

Helios said...

dan, that is wierd... also scary and painful...vomiting is the WORST!

i don't know, an incident like that just doesn't sound like stress, but that's just my 2 cents worth...

did they really check you out? heart, kidney/gallstones, etc.? It sounds almost like a gallstone attack....

Hope you're feeling better today.
{{{bighug}}}