Monday, February 26, 2007

Sleep Study

Well, wednesday night was my sleep study. If you remember, I'm pretty sure that I have sleep apnea and am trying to get it diagnosed, so it can be treated.

So, I showed up to the hospital in Suwon at 9pm. I go into the sleep lab, and it's just a small room with a bed and tv and fridge, all next to a big desk with lots of computers and stuff. The man there introduced himself to me as the lab technician. I wondered if he was going to sleep there staring at me all night or what. Anyway, put lots of sensors on me, glued two to my scalp, and he put me to bed. Oh, there was a urinal jug there too (didn't have to use it).

I don't think that I slept one wink that night. I hope that I did. It was an expensive sleep. At 6am the guy showed up to remove the sensors, I drank a bottle of juice, and that was it. I had to wait for 2 hours in the lobby for people to show up for me to pay them. Oh, but while I was waiting there was a tv crew filming a Korean drama in the lobby. Strange.

I will find out my results this wednesday. Other people have told me that their sleep studies were horrible, thinking that they'd not slept at all or enough, but there was enough data. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: