Monday, February 26, 2007

Snap Shots

Here are some nice snapshots that I've taken over my vacation. First, some pictures from Anseong. Here we have a nice statue vignette showing Baudeogi, remember the Baudeogi festival from september? Well, this is a cool statue that you see when entering the city.Next, here is an example of some of the very "soviet" like apartment buildings that are springing up in Anseong. These buildings are everywhere in Korea. On the way to Seoul, you see hundreds and hundreds of these buildings all in a row. All indentical. All the same. How boring. Anyway, Anseong is growing and so are these buildings.
Of course I spent some time in Seoul. This of course means that I spent some time in Itaewon, the foreign sector of Seoul. Remember my talkings about Hooker Hill? Well, this little shop is on Hooker Hill. I'm not sure if it's affiliated with that famous coffee chain from Seattle or not. What do you think?
In a bar called Gecko's in Itaewon, they sell beer that is either made in North Korea or is made from water from a stream in North Korea. Anyway, this is the advertisement for the beer. I found it funny. The caption on the picture says "where is all our beer?"
Outside of the express bus terminal in Seoul there is a huge department store. Here is a pic of a girl who was painting spring flowers in the storefront windows. I twas pretty good.
So, here are the pics from my couple of weeks vacation. Sorry for not keeping you all up on everything. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

Helios said...

dan, i love all the mundane bizarrities that are showcased in your blog...

star butts?...hahaha....