Monday, February 05, 2007

Bad Choices

If you ever get a chance to live in a foreign country, one where English is not spoken at all, maybe you will relate to this entry. When I'm home, I tend to have the television on and turned to an English station. Now, there are 3 stations at least that play movies, mainly in English, sometimes in Korean. I also get a strange version of Fox that shows some good things, and In Style, which shows some good things. I also get AFN and Discovery. The most annoying thing with Discovery is that it's geared toward Asia, so it often has programs on China, which are subtitled in English, but with Korean subtitles directly on top of the English. Now, that's annoying.

Anyway, because of this habit of having the TV set to English stations, I have viewed so many things that I would never ever watch in the U.S. Here is a brief listing of the guilty TV viewing... please, be kind and don't judge too harshly.

Princess Diaries, both the first and the second one.
Maid in Manhattan, J.Lo and Ralph Finnes, a classic.
The Tyra Banks Show, only occasionally.
America's Next Top Model, which is still all about Tyra.
Oprah, only when it's an interesting topic.
American Idol, it's a season behind, but I never watched it in the U.S., so it's new to me.
Hell's Kitchen.
Top Chef.
Project Runway, oh the drama!
Bring It On.
Spiderman, it's on all of the time, no more!!!

The horrible movies that I've seen are too numerous and shameful to name. But, suffice it to say that they are the kind of movies you see on a lazy sunday afternoon on the USA network or something.

Stop judging me!

2 comments:

Helios said...

ugh...

go to a bookstore...

Anonymous said...

Top Chef and Project Runway are my favorite shows... ever...

Watching these makes you cool.