Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Bed of Dispair and Hello Kitty

Okay, for those of you who have not been told yet, my bed here in Korea is hard. No, that's an understatement. The bed is slightly harder than cured concrete. I'm not exaggerating one bit. You all know who I am and what I look like. I'm a big man. When I sit on this bed, the mattress does not squish down AT ALL. It retains it's shape, size, and thickness EXACTLY. That is one hard mattress. Now, due to this mattress I have constant back and hip pain, and my left leg is numb all the time. Is this normal? Is this a good thing? I don't think so.

What's the deal with Hello Kitty? She's everywhere here. You see Hello Kitty headrest covers in cars. You see Hello Kitty pencils and pencil boxes. You see Hello Kitty jewelry and barettes. You see Hello Kitty perfume. And, my most favorite, Hello Kitty surgical masks. I guess it's nice to know that Hello Kitty is still going good and strong here in South Korea.

By the way, school children wearing surgical masks really creep me out.

No comments: