Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This Is What Happens

So, I'm having a difficult time over here. The 3 Korean teachers who are team teaching English with me do not help me in lesson planning. They simply tell me "teach what you want." I am getting no input from them or help. I don't know where the students are at, what subjects they have covered, and what kind of vocabulary they are familiar with. So, today, I found out I had to create a new lesson plan in about 2 minutes. After teaching the class, the other teacher told me that the students didn't understand anything that I said, that I spoke too fast, and basically that I had wasted the hour. Isn't this exactly what happens when you don't help me out? I have no idea what to do and they are just sitting there "teach what you want." Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

No comments: