Friday, April 28, 2006

The New National Past-time

What is the new Korean national past-time? Baseball? Soccer? Badmitten? You might be surprised to learn that the new national past time is suggesting ways for me to lose weight. Oh, you can't get enough good advice when you're fat and in Korea. One of the teachers insists on telling me how every dish at the schools cafeteria is "very healthful." Or course it's healthful, everyday its rice, veggies, peppers, and maybe fish. It doesn't every change. This same teacher is obsessed with taking me mountain climbing (did I express an interrest?) and to the health club (again, did I ask to go?). By the way, he also wants me to go to church and get married to a beautiful Korean gal.

Another teacher here has informed me that by eating kim-chi I will lose weight. Yes, I will lose weight; because I won't eat it. If you've read my post on Korean Cuisine then you are already well versed in my feelings towards kim-chi.

So, much like a smoker speaking to someone who recently quit, I am just getting oodles of advice and lectures here. How wonderful for me.

1 comment:

Helios said...

so, sounds like you are really getting all kinds of fabulous helpful advice there ;) Sounds like you've turned into their "project"!

Ask them how to soften that slab you sleep on....

I think when you come home, you will be putting tabasco sauce on your breakfast cereal!