Monday, July 09, 2007

Preparations And Stress

As I'm approaching my vacation and my visit home, I am becoming a very busy guy and a very stressed out guy in addition.

The stress is all thanks to my school. The financial issues with my school and the lies taht they are telling me about funding are things that are very destressing to me. I would much rather be told that my school is asking me not to spend any money on camp. There is no harm that comes from telling the truth. Honesty is the best policy. However, in Korea it is not so. Controlling access to information is the best policy here. I'm doing my best not to let this affect me too much. Also trying hard not to take out my frustration on my students, their lives are hard enough.

In addition to my usual activities such as Korean class and school work, I am trying to get ready for my trip. I've been organizing and printing up photos from the year into a photo album to show everyone. That has proven to be a very time consuming activity, but I know it will be worth it. I'm also busy shopping for gifts for family and friends back home. It's a lot of work.

I did have some time to meet with friends and just relax. Over the weekend I got a chance to meet up with my friend Jude in Songtan for some more shopping and dinner. I also got to meet up with a new friend from South Africa who had been emailing me for a few months with questions about coming to Korea. He just arrived on wednesday and wanted some curry, so I directed him to a nice Indian restaurant in Songtan. So, it's not all work.

Anyway, this is all that is going on in my life now. Stress, work, preparations, and more stress. I can't wait for my vacation. I just hope I will have a little time to relax.

No comments: