Monday, July 23, 2007

Shave And A Haircut

Brandon emailed me early last week. He told me that he'd cut his hair, and really messed it up. He wanted me to fix it, since I cut my own hair here. No problem.

Brandon finally came over on Friday. When he bent down to take off his shoes at the door, I was shocked. He had cut his hair down to the skin at the crown of his head. The back of his head had straight lines across it that were also down to the skin. It looked like terraced mountain rice paddies on his head!

Brandon explained to me that he was indeed drunk when he had decided to cut his hair. I have never been so drunk that I would have for one millisecond entertained the idea that I would cut my own hair. That is a process that you want to be sober for.

Anyway, I did my best to fix Brandon's hair. Basically all I could do was even it out, but he was still bald in key places. I told him to get a yarmulkah and wear that for a week. The really bad thing is that he has a female guest coming to visit him on monday. I told him several stories that he could tell her about the hair. How about "I lost a bet." I think "I got it cut at the beauty college" is always a safe option. I hope the hair won't keep him from having a nice visit with his friend.

No comments: