Wednesday, July 18, 2007

No Worries

Well, it's the first day of English summer camp. I'm sitting here with all of my copies made and packets assembled, just waiting for the students to arrive. Fast forward 3 hours, no students. This is the reality of my school. None of the 14 kids signed-up for summer camp bothered to come to camp today. This really is not a problem for me. It makes perfect sense though. They only get a month for vacation, and most of that time will actually be spent in school anyway (I don't know why they call it vacation). They also get no credit or recognition for coming to this voluntary camp. Is it any wonder that they don't want to be here? I don't think so. I certainly wouldn't be here if I didn't have to be. Once again, the underachieving students at Juksan Comprehensive High School have not disappointed me. On the bright side, this means that next week I won't have to worry about being rushed to get to the airport in time. I can take my time now.

No comments: