Sunday, August 19, 2007

Welcome Back Kotter

Here I am, back in Korea. The first indicator that I was in Korea came in the men's room in the Incheon International Airport, when I heard someone hock up some phlegm and spit. Yup, that indicated to me that I was indeed back in Korea.

When I finally got back to my apartment, the power was not on. My landlord had shut off my power while I was away. I did not ask him to do this. As a result I found a freezer full of rancid rotten food that had been fermenting for 3 weeks. This was the perfect way to be welcomed back to a country that I do not want to be in.

The one thing that I did enjoy was seeing Victoria again yesterday and hearing about her trip to Italy, which was amazing and really energized her. My vacation made me realise how little I want to be here in Korea, hers made her happy to be back home in Korea and recharged her soul. That is the difference between her and I.

No comments: