Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A New Class

I was informed the other day that a few of the teachers want to form a teachers only English class for me to teach. So far, I know that at least 4 teachers want to take English from me. 2 of them are very good, 2 are not so good. I have to say that I'm pretty excited about this. I think that this class might be just the thing to make my last 8 months here fly by. Since my students simply do not learn no matter how much effort I put into my classes, maybe the adults will give me that kind of satisfaction that is so lacking in my teaching life. I'm hoping that once this class forms and starts, that their desire to learn English actually translates into being good students. I know some teachers at other schools that have the problem that the principal forces the teachers to take these extra classes, and the teachers are just too busy and don't want to study. I'm hoping that my class will remain completely voluntary. I think it will. Oh God, I hope the principal doesn't decide to join!

No comments: