Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Things I Haven't Talked About

Ultimately in my blogging, there are things that I forget to talk about or that simply don't fit into my general rants. So, here is a bit of a catch-up blog, mentioning all of the news that wasn't fit to make it in the blog.

  • I don't have Min Ji anymore. After a month or so I had to find her a new home. She was really anti-social, barking all of the time, and began going inside of the apartment constantly. My land lady was not happy about the barking. So, she had lots of problems. I tried my best. But, I took her to a humaine society that will not put her down, so I did my part.
  • Victoria is leaving her job in December and will be moving to another part of Korea, this makes me very sad. However, her school here is very bad and the new job will pay more and give her what she needs.
  • I have become used to Korean foods such as kim-chi (I eat it every day now) and even the pig's feet. I just know now which parts of the pig's feet to avoid.
  • I'm going to the doctor's now to get a sleep study. I believe I have sleep apnea. I have already been to two docotrs. The third doctor, whom I will see on the 7th will prescribe the sleep study. It may cost me a total of $1000.
  • I'm taking a TEFL course online. TEFL = Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The course only costs $295, and it includes a free Business English course. Once I'm finished (it takes about a month) I will be getting a $300/month pay increase. So, this will pay for itself in the first month. And, the extra $1500 I'll make this year will pay for all of my sleep study stuff. Yeah me.
  • Dad is doing much better now. His memory is getting more back to normal. It's a long and arduous road to recovery though. He must be getting better though, he keeps telling people "Hey, go easy on me. I have a closed head injury." He has to get a lawyer because the workman's comp. people are pressing for him to return to work ASAP, and the doctors are saying no.
  • I'm fighting the temptation to show movies for the rest of the year to several of my useless classes, and only teaching the classes that have some kind of hope of learning something... does that make me a bad person?
  • My parents sent me a package with some nice sweaters in it. Thank God. They were going to ship UPS, but UPS wanted $1000 to ship a 12 pound package! Hell, for $200 more you could hand deliver it yourself! They sent it by regular post, and I got it in 7 days and it only cost $80 to ship. What a bargain.

Ok. I think that catches you up.

1 comment:

Helios said...

no, showing movies to your bad classes doesn't make you a bad person...as long as they are in Engrish! ;)