Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Light Lunch

This week is midterm exams for the students of Juksan Comprehensive High School. For three days, the students have half days. I get to spend these days doing nothing, and then co-observing the last exam. It's a very boring non-stressful kind of day. I've been spending my mornings watching videos and making questions up for the students.

On monday, the teachers were taken out to lunch by the parents' association. Unfortunately, we were going out for blowfish. If I recall correctly, isn't blowfish poisonous if it's not prepared correctly? I seem to remember that from a Simpsons episode. Well, I simply don't eat seafood or fish in Korea. And I especially wouldn't eat the raw fish that they were having for lunch. So, since there was absolutely nothing for me to eat at this restaurant, the teachers decided to compensate by giving me liquor. Nothing is better on an empty stomach then lots of scotch and soju.

Needless to say, when Mr. Yoo dropped me off at my apartment, I was a bit tipsy and in need of a nap. What a great way to start the week off.

1 comment:

Helios said...

yes...blowfish can keeeel youooooo....

fugu

i think the toxin is in the skin and internal organs....

how on earth did a poisonous fish become a delicacy? that meat must be really something...