Monday, April 30, 2007

Sleep Apnea

I went to the doctor this last week. I needed to talk to him about options for treating my sleep apnea. If you remember, he wanted me to have another sleep study to find out the pressure that I need for a CPAP machine. I asked him about an automatic CPAP which does not need a specific pressure setting, as it self-adjusts to what you need. He thought this was a great idea, and he wrote me the prescription that I needed.

I asked the doctor about my sleep study results. Now comes the scary information. During my sleep study I stopped breathing an average of 57 times per hour. Over the course of the night, I stopped breathing over 600 times! These are some pretty scary numbers to hear.

The next day I ordered my CPAP machine and mask from a US company, since the price is ridiculously high here in Korea. By ordering online, I was able to save a lot of money. Shipping and handling on this thing cost me $111! For that price this machine had better arrive pretty quickly. I can't wait. I'm just so happy that I'm done going to the doctor about this problem.

1 comment:

Helios said...

yes....it is good you are getting that machine there...i want to know what it's like sleeping with that thing blowing air up your nose!