Sunday, September 09, 2007

Chiro And Crafts

Yesterday I made a trip to Songtan to visit a chiropractor, which is a very rare find in Korea. I find it odd that they embrace all kinds of alternative medicine here but not chiropractic. Anyway, it turns out that the chiropractor is from Farmington, Michigan. A local boy! He adjusted me and eleviated my major sciatica pain, which is really bad lately due to some elevated stress levels in my life. I will visit him three times a week for a while. It's good to know that I can get a native English speaker to help me out.

After the adjustment, I met with Jude, who lives in Songtan. We went to a nice little Italian restaurant. Now, Italian food here in Korea is generally speaking quite bad. As a rule the sauce is incredibly runny and watery. Many times I eat the pasta and just think "If you left this on the stove for 2 more minutes, it wouldn't be half bad."


After eating we discovered that the restaurant had a section of paint-it-yourself cups. Feeling rather capricious, we both took some time to decorate cups. We will get them back in a week or so after they are glazed and fired. It was actually a really nice way to spend an afternoon. Here are some pics of my cup. I'll post the after shots when I get it back.

2 comments:

Helios said...

nice korean pepsi mug! Not quite sure how the mug painting is integrated into the italian restaurant, but whatever. Maybe they should have that at the Olive Garden or Macaroni Grille here so you can occupy yourself while you wait on a table!

Glad you found a chiro and got some relief....i used to think chiros were totally bogus until i realized my insurance would cover it and in desperation started going to one with a mind of skepticism and it helped. Good luck with that. I think chiro and myofascial release and massage are really good for a lot of things like that.

Daniel Youngs said...

It's not a pepsi mug. It's a free form take on the Korean flag. It was my first attempt at making anything like this, cut me some slack.