Saturday, January 13, 2007

Christmas Arrives Late

My sister sent me a birthday present in September. It never arrived. Well, the package eventually made it back to the U.S.A. in December. So, Sandra added some Christmas gift to the package and sent it back. This time, it arrived. I got it the week after Christmas. Now, the first package did not arrive because it was wrapped like a football in brown paper. She just took a book and some cds and wrapped them in newspaper, garbage bags, and brown paper bags. Not the favorite wrapping method of the Korean postal service.


So, this package was put inside of a larger box when it was shipped as part of a Christmas gift. The gifts included the following: "Middlesex," a novel. It's quite good so far. 2 cds, Regina Spektor and the Havalina Rail Co. Good choices Sandra. Cough drops... because Koreans guard them so furiously like they're crack. A harmonica and book to go with it. Not too sure about that one. Maybe I will write a "Sick of sitting in Juksan high with nothing to do" blues. I'll let you know about that one. But, the very best thing in the package was a handmade Christmas card.


Sandra used watercolors and painted a card with a Christmas tree on the front. Best of all, she took a photo of us when we were young, and cut us out, sitting us under the tree. So, here are the pics of the card and of me and my sister when we were very young and cute. What happened? I'm so old and ugly now.

1 comment:

Helios said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.