Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Useless

Not to say that I'm completely useless or anything... but... It is winter vacation for the students. It is also time for winter English camp. Now, working at a school of underachievers, no one has signed up for winter camp. I don't blame them. Do you want to spend your vacation learning English when you get no credit or benefit from taking the camp? I wouldn't. Plus, it's cold at school! Well, instead of letting me stay home, which would be the nice thing to do, I have to come into school each day for about 2 hours. Just long enough to write a few emails, and read some stuff out loud for the remedial English courses that are being taught right now to the kids who scored poorly on their exams. Yesterday I read things to one class. Then went to lunch with the teachers. Then I went home and napped. All done by 1pm. Today I didn't even get picked up until 9:30, instead of my usual 7:30. This is so pointless, but at least it isn't demanding. They haven't demanded that I spend my time researching or writing things. Eventually I will work on some lesson plans, but until then, I'm just hanging out and going with the flow.

1 comment:

Helios said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.