Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Friends

I have a new and expanding circle of friends here in Korea. So, after talking about them a bit, here are some pics to put with the names. First, my Korean friend Won. The guy who drew the cartoon of me. He wouldn't let me take his picture, so he did it himself. I dont know why.
Next are the English teachers in Anseong. Here we have Anna from Oregon, and Maurice from South Africa. Both teach elementary school. Both love dancing, especially salsa. These are pics from bar Ouzo in downtown Anseong.
This is Devon from Toronto and my new friend T.K. from South Africa. We call her T.K. because her real name is a bit too hard to remember or pronounce. They're nice people. This was supposed to be a sexy pose... it didn't quite work out that way. Again, this is at bar Ouzo, where most of the foreigners hang out.
This is Brandon. My new best friend here in Korea. Brandon is also from South Africa. He's an amazing writer and a witty guy. Whenever we hang out together, it is always a good time. This is at a bar called Gekko's in Itaewon (where Won lives).
Maybe you've discerned a pattern. The common factor in all of these pictures is a bar. It's true... to meet people here you have to go to the bar. People are bored in Anseong, and the bar is the only place to go. I don't drink too much though, just a couple of beers, and it's a cheap night's entertainment. Always good to hang with new friends.

1 comment:

Helios said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.