Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Laziness

As the crisp cold winter air embraces me, one thought runs through my mind. Why do I have to get out of bed? Explain that one to me. Going to school for just a few hours to read English aloud for 20 minutes and returning home at lunch has lulled me into a complete laziness cycle. I find myself returning home at lunch, laying in bed and spending way too much of my time napping. I also spend my time downloading tv shows and movies from the US. I'm completely obsessed with the show "Heroes." I've already watched all 11 episodes, although AFN in Korea has only shown 2. It takes all of my effort to do anything productive. I could blame this on my hacking cough that refuses to go away (Korean cough remedies are useles... a pill for a cough? what's that?) but it is my old adversary really. When I have lots of free time, I get nothing done. It's a fact. When attending WMU, I had lots of free time and did no studying, no nothing. At WSU, when I had to work full time as well as be a full time student, I was involved in orchestras and bands and everything else, and spent much more time studying. The old adage is true, idle hands are the devil's play things. He must be having a field day with mine then.

No comments: