Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Not While I'm Around

Thank God, this did not happen in my class.

Yesterday, the bell rang early, 10 minutes early. I knew it was too early, so I kept my class in their room while we finished watching "Transformers." The science teacher didn't look at the clock, he just left the room thinking class was over.

Well, next thing you know you can hear a blood curdling scream in the hall. I'm thinking that it sounds like someone is being murdered or something.

Later during my "teacher English conversation group," which is just me talking English while teachers try to understand, a teacher explains to me what happened. A freshman girl received a cell phone call. It made her mad. She screamed and punched out the window. The falling glass injured another girl who had to be taken to the hospital for stitches.

What in the world is going on? The bad thing is that no one will get to the bottom of this and find out what is wrong with this girl emotionally.

My school is not here to educate these kids. It's here to hold them, and try to keep them from killing each other until they graduate. It's like juvenile detention.

No comments: