Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm A Superstar

While shopping at the express bus terminal in Seoul (great bookstore, McDonald's, department store, and Outback Steakhouse) Victoria decided to get her nails done. I left her there and went to the bookstore. I bought Spank the Monkey. I would have bought every one there, but it was $18 for a card game, so it wasn't in the budget. Anyway, on the way out, a man grabbed me by the arm and pointed to Victoria.

So, here's the story. The nail place just painted nails, didn't do fake nails. So, Victoria was going to go into the bookstore. However, she had a coke from McDonald's. The store security guy wouldn't let her in. So, she asked him to find me, her friend. He said "big guy?" and mimed my size. She said "Yes. He famous sumo wrestler in America." The security guards eyes got wide and he responded "OOohhhhh..." and was star struck. Victoria found the situation incredily amusing, as did I.

So, the key to me getting respect is to claim to be a sumo wrestler. No autographs please, Yokozuna Youngs needs to rest.

2 comments:

Helios said...

Now, did i ever mention that sumo wrestler idea to you, Yokozuna? I know i thought it!

hmmm, i can just see you in that sumo thong thing.... going to grow a top knot? ;)

yes, you have found your new niche in Korea, Daniel-san!

Helios said...

so, when you get back here, are you going to have a "Spank the Monkey" party? ;)