Tuesday, August 01, 2006

An Unexpected Companion

You can never be prepared for everything that happens in Korea. If you think you've seen it all... spend just one day in Korea.

Last week, it was raining very hard. The rivers were flooding, a car landed in the river, it was a deluge of biblical proportions.

With that said, I had to walk to the bus station to go home. Before I left the school I visited the bathroom, just like my mother would want me to do. "Did you kids use the bathroom before we go?" As I was standing at the urinal, I looked over and found that I wasn't alone.

This little green frog was sitting there, next to the sink, as if he were always supposed to be there. He was so perfect, he looked fake. Sitting there like a little statue. He did move though. You never see this in the bathroom of a U.S. high school.

2 comments:

Helios said...

he's adorable... you know dan, i think he was there for you...a piece of perfection in that squalid little potty place...

Michael Emmanuel said...

Great story. One day I picked up my guitar and started playing and out of the corner of my eye saw somwething strange on the top where the tuning pegs are. It was a small lizard, motionless like an ornament. I'd seen him around before but that was so hilarious!!