Friday, June 15, 2007

Games

Today, friday, is my most difficult day of the week. I have all of my classes back-to-back, and I have to teach the very worst class in the school. It's a very trying time of the week for me. So, to pass the time today more quickly, I decided to play a game.

The game today was Scattergories. Remember that game? You have a list of 12 categories and you chose a letter and write down words in those categories that begin with that letter. I made a spinner with the alphabet on it and ran of copies of a list for the students. They really got into playing the game in groups. Each group with the most responses received candy. I gave out a lot of candy today.

Speaking of games, the Rubik's cube is suddenly very popular here in my school. Today each class had about six different kids playing with them. I don't know what the sudden rush of popularity is all about, but they're distracting.

2 comments:

Helios said...

My baby brother Rick is a Rubik's Meister...he can solve the 4- and 5-edged ones and and can solve the usual 3-edged ones in a few minutes. If he could get paid for solving them he would be a millionaire!

anyway, you might find this useful:

How to Impress Your Class Dan

now, my brother doesn't use anything like that...he is just some kind of savant at it and spent an eveing once showing me his method....but that link should save you endless hours....

Helios said...

so um, are you going to have to start throwing Rubik's Cubes out the 2nd storey window? ;)