Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Inconvenient As Hell

Well, I've often said that having a broken leg in Korea would be the worst thing to happen to anyone. This country is 75% mountain, so everywhere you go you are confronted with a formidable hill or a never-ending set of stairs. Also, since everything was built very quickly immediately following the war, there are few elevators, stairs are very steep and uneven... let's just say it's a real obstacle course for the well-abled, let alone the disabled.

That being said, I went to the doc yesterday for a cold. Found out my foot is sprained and I'm now in a cast for 1-2 weeks to immobilize my foot. Now, it's the kind of cast that is more of a splint, just plaster below the foot and going up the back of the leg, so I can remove it for showering and put a sock on to cover my toes. I can't wear my shoes with it, so I have one of those cast shoes. But, the "large" size in Korea is too small for my Western feet, so my toes are hanging off. So, eventhough it isn't that bad, I get to experience what a pain in the backside it is to live in Korea and be injured. Please remember that I live on top of a very big hill and on the third story of a building without an elevator. I have no idea how I'm going to go grocery shopping.

1 comment:

Helios said...

so, you have a cold in your toe? your ankle was sneezing...?

sounds like a pain in the ankle...

buy lots of ramen...it's light food.......