Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tea Time

We have a coffee machine in the office called 티타임 or "tea time." It dispenses a little dixie cup that is about 1/3 full of bad coffee that comes from some powder. It's disgusting. Well, it's been on the fritz (where does that term come from? probably a racial slur), and today since we have no classes, just tests, two teachers have taken it upon themselves to dismantle, clean, and reassemble this machine. I really don't know what makes them believe that they have the knowledge to do this, but that doesn't seem to be stopping them. The humerous thing is that this Laurel and Hardy routine has been going on for the entire afternoon. There has been lots of dropped parts, hair dryers, and flinging of water in the office. I'm really not sure if this is worth the trouble of fixing, since we have instant coffee too (which is equally bad). Anyway, it's kept me entertained for a while. I'll let you know if they actually fix it in the end of not.

2 comments:

Helios said...

sounds like me trying to fix my washing machine...

Helios said...

German diminutive of "Friedrich"

so..shari..."on the fritz" is not in in the Haslettean dialect....? ;)