Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sport

Getting your point across to a Korean should be considered for inclusion as an Olympic sport. I say this because it is a herculean effort. Yesterday, when I thought my contract was all set, I made the mistake of trying to find out some information. You see, according to the contract I only get 7 days off in the summer and 7 in the winter. However, this winter I actually received 5 weeks off from school. The school did not see the point in keeping me in the building all by myself. Thank God. I asked my co-teacher if I could expect this same kind of treatment next year. I really want to travel, possibly to Italy, and one week really isn't enough. I was hoping to take a 3 week vacation to Italy, come back and get back in the swing of things before the new semester. She told me that she thinks it would be the same next winter.

Flash forward to today. Well, my co-teacher came up to me looking proud. "I asked the vice principal if you could go to Italy next winter. He said yes. One week." What the hell? So, I re-explained myself and stated that one week really wasn't long enough. She said she gets it... I have my doubts. So, who knows? Certainly not me. I just need to know that there will be sufficient time, so that I can buy a ticket more than a day in advance. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: