Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!

Tomorrow is teacher appreciation day in Korea. Now, in the U.S.A. teachers get a whole week... but I'll take what I can get. I do get the day off, so that is amazingly good. Well, today I came into work and there was a gift on my desk, all wrapped up in shiny mylar wrapping paper. It was a gift from the students' parents. I was startled to open it and find a box set of glucosamine. Now, for those of you who don't know, glucosamine is a drug that is good for your joints. It's usually taken by arthritic people. Everyone received this gift. I began to think, in America, if you were given glucosamine, you'd get offended and say "What makes you think I need this? I'm not an old man yet!" But here, it's just a normal gift. Interesting. Cultural differences at work again.

1 comment:

Helios said...

haha! what a sweet thoughtful little gift ;).....all wrapped in mylar and everything....

does it have chondroiten too?

they know you are on your feet (and knees and hips) all day wielding the love stick!