Monday, May 21, 2007

More Appreciation

Tuesday, on our day off for Teacher Appreciation Day, I went to Songtan to meet a friend for lunch, and to hang-out before our visit to the air base to enjoy surf & turf. I had such a wonderful day out. I ate some passable Italian food (which is about as good as it gets in Korea) with my friend Jude. We walked around town, had coffee, visited the black markets. It was a very relaxing kind of day.

Later that afternoon, we all gathered outside of the air base. There were quite a few of us. Victoria, Jude, myself, Edith (who has just left Korea), Tjaart (a South African from my town), Anna (an Oregonian), and Beverly (a Canadian from my town). We all went on the base to enjoy steak and lobster. Victoria had two lobsters! Having lived in Main, she really missed lobster. It was my first time having it, and it was ok, but I think I prefer crab more.

Well, the evening was perfect. We all had a great time. I hope we get to all go out again like that in the future.

The next day at school, there was another gift on my desk. This time, instead of a three-pack of glucosamine, I received a 3-bottle box of cooking oil. I'm just glad it wasn't a big box of spam.

1 comment:

Helios said...

i like crab better too!