Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Luckiest Guy In The World

Recently, a friend sent me this link.

http://www.wherethehellismatt.com


Now, I'd seen him on Good Morning America (AFN). This ia guy who is getting funded by a gum company to travel all over the world and do a stupid little dance. It makes absolutely no sense. I showed the video to Ms. Lee today. At first she said "that's not a dance." I agreed. After a little bit of the video she said "I think he's the luckiest guy in the world." I think she's exactly right. To have someone send you everywhere in the world for nothing more than the experience of traveling and to do a little dance. It's an odd arraingement, but it's amazing nonetheless. The places he's been, the things he's seen. You can't put a price on that. It kind of makes me think about my own experiences and my luck in life.

Who knew such "navel contemplation" could come from such a silly little dance

1 comment:

Helios said...

i'm glad you got some naval contemplation out of it! "Wherever you go, there you are."
You are a lucky guy too! I think 20 years down the line, you will look back at this whole experience, food poisoning and all, as opening another chapter in your life.

Hey, did you know they've named a Tropical Storm "Beryl"?