Thursday, July 13, 2006

Western Restaurants

There are western restaurants in Korea... lots of them. Their food though is not always terribly "western." Some come pretty close though.

Last night Victoria, Beryl, and I (God, it's like we're the 3 musketeers)met at a cafe called Grasso's. It serves Italian. Now, it's nothing to really write home about (well, does this count?), but it is pasta and it's passable.

The place is nice, you sit at little love seat type couches at the tables. Nice. They have a big assortment of beer... they even have Budweiser. If I drank beer, I'm sure I would be excited by that. They have the Korean take on Italian food, with kim-chi pasta. But I stuck to traditional pasta. Carbonarra. Now, I've had red sauce in Korea before, and they ruin it by adding red pepper paste to it... leaving someone who likes pasta angry and disenchanted. So, the white sauce is safer. The meal also came with soup, about 1/4 inch of soup in a little square bowl. The soup was exactly (and you can ask Victoria about this one) like creamed corn without the chunks of corn. The meal also came with exactly one piece of garlic bread per person. No more, no less.

Anyway, the food was pretty good for Korea, so this place will become a good restaurant for the three of us. It isn't very expensive either, so when I need a break from rice (which I need EVERYDAY) then I know where I can go.

No comments: