Monday, July 03, 2006

An Old Abusive Friend Returns

Thursday after eating lunch at school, I started to feel sick to my stomach. I went home by bus and slept through the afternoon. At 12:30am friday, I was doubled over in pain and went down to my landlady's apartment. Someone answered the door and I said "taxi." She and her son drove me to the ER. Yup... food poisoning again.

I was at the hospital a total of 4 times over the weekend, each time I received a shot in my butt. Koreans love giving shots in the butt. It's their form of entertainment I think.

So, my weekend was filled with lots of bad things. Lots of vomitting, pulling back muscles from vomitting, searing stomach pain... you name it... I had it.

Of course, like always, Victoria was my savior. She stopped by on saturday with some yogurt drinks for me, which helped me last time, and some pain meds for my pulled muscles. She decided to make me some chicken soup for sunday. I was feeling better on sunday and spent the day with her, hanging out in her little apartment, going to see XMen 3, and eating her soup. Best of all, she got me in touch with her doctor here in Korea who speaks English very well. He is going to be my new doctor.

The thing that I do not like about the Korean medical system is that there are no "family doctors." You have to go to the hospital or out-patient clinic for everything. There is no one person who follows your every sickness. So, I'm going to have this now with my new English speaking Dr. Wong.

2 comments:

Helios said...

i'm glad you're better dan...sounds like a terrible weekend.

Helios said...

yes, you should see if there are any common denominators... and see that dr. wong. sounds like you've thrown up more in the last few weeks than in your entire life!