Monday, May 01, 2006

My Korean Landlady


No, it's not a new sit-com on the WB. It's my life. Duh. Saturday morning, my landlady and her husband (I'm assuming that's who he is) were working on the apartment next to mine. Actually, it's attached to my apartment, but they put a big wardrobe infront of the door connecting them, so they're separate now. The problem by the way is that you can hear EVERYTHING going on over there.

Anyway... I received a delivery of some appliances, and my landlady just barged right on into my apartment. She was unhappy that I kept my shoes by the door and not in the hall (OMG, it's an international incident). Then she told me to clean up (now that I have a vacuum I can do that). She showed me how to use the washing machine, and her husband installed the phone. He also told me to keep my shoes in the hall (I get it, thanks).

The rest of the afternoon, the landlady was just coming into my apartment without warning. Now, on t.v. we all like the scrappy landlady character who is the busybody of the building, keeping eveyrone in line. In real life, it's annoying and will end in me yelling at her or something. We'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

By the way, my shoes are now in the hallway. I've cleaned up with my new vacuum cleaner, and I've done laundry. The landlady wins... for now.

2 comments:

Helios said...

yuh know dan, think of the shoe thing as a way of leaving all the yellow sand and grime of the outside world outside your door, i thtink that's how they think of it, so that your little place is truly yours...
sharon

Helios said...

hey dan, i have a little voodoo new orleans doll i can send you to represent your landlady...you can get a small piece of her Mrs. Roper Hello Kitty mumu and make a scarf for the doll out of it before you start sticking the pins in...