Friday, May 26, 2006

A Slice of Heaven With A Side Of Hell

Today was my first encounter with the South Korean medical world. So, you know this is going to be good.

I was food poisoned today, severely, at "The Golden Life" restaurant. Yes, even $200/night resorts will food poison you. I was fine until late morning when I had severe abdominal pain and really thought I was having either a gallbladder attack or heart attack or something. It was really bad.

The shuttle driver for the resort took me and Victoria (she's so freakin' awesome to help me out like this) to Suwon to the hospital. Along the way, I also did another first. The busdriver had to pull over very quickly so that I could vomit on the side of a very busy road. This was so miserable.

At the hospital, they needed my insurance book, then they sent me up to the doctor on the second floor. I had to pay $4.86. Then I went to get the prescription filled, also $4. So, my trip through the hospital and pharmacy cost me less than $10.

That was at noon, it's now 8pm. I'm still in a whole lot of pain. I'm not having a grand time. I am going to be very very very very very very very careful with food in this country from now on.

1 comment:

Helios said...

ugh...dan, that's sounds horrible!

feel better! being sick like that is the worst! especially in a strange land. i've been there, done that side of the road stuff...the only postitive thing is that you feel slightly better for a few minutes after.
{{hugs}}