Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Finally A Little Cooperation

For the first time in 5 weeks, I am receiving the cooperation that I so desparately need to function. Why is this you may ask. Is it because of some new breakthrough with my co-teachers? Is it due to some cultural wall being torn down between us, allowing us all to live in a utopian wonderland with gumdrop children play in lollipop fields? Long answer: no with a maybe. Short answer: yes with a but.

The actual answer is no. The only reason that I am getting this new-found cooperation is that the time has come for our co-teaching observation/evaluation by some big wig from the Gyeonggi Provincial blah blah blah. I'm still not feeling well. Everytime I eat something, it causes me great pain and hardship. Today I had to come to work just for the morning, so that I could see and correct the lesson plan that my co-teacher made for our special class. There weren't many mistakes, but it upsets me that this is the kind of thing that I want all of the time. In this lesson she has us using power point (which she told me previously NOT to use), we are having fun, students are role playing. Learning English is fun!!!! But just for today.

By the way, I came in today to find that my candy container was down to 3 pieces. Mice? Co-workers? I also brought in a little plastic basket that I bought over the weekend. It's for all of the students' cell phones that I will be confiscating. I simply can't stand the phones anymore. Either they go or my sanity goes. No more text messaging during class. It's strange that all of the teachers agree that it's a problem, but no one does anything about it. Well, the buck stops here boys and girls. If the kids aren't nice when I'm the nice jolly fat American, maybe they'll be respectful when I'm the American that stole their cell phones.

No comments: