Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Never Thought I Would...

eat cake with chopsticks.
be so glad to see a Big Mac.
watch students get smacked everyday.
listen to grown teenagers whine for candy.
be lectured everyday on the virtues of kim-chi.
spend time vacuuming up dust from China and Mongolia.
travel 45 minutes by bus just to get a plate.
be so sick of green tea.
miss how Americans drive.
be so shocked to see a white person.
have students poke me deliberately.
look so forward to eating plain white rice.
see so many giggling school girls.
do such a good impression of Koreans speaking English.
eat french fries with chopsticks.
eat a $10 watermelon.
try so many dishes that are completely unidentifiable.
worry about eating dog.
see Spongebob Squarepants speak Korean.
actually want to go to the theater to see Mission Impossible 3.
miss caffeine this bad.
go a month without seeing a single fork.
eat food that was hotter than the center of the sun.
bow so much in my life.
be so thankful for a coke.
feel compelled to take off my shoes when entering buildings.
consider a banana a good meal.
be given wine by graduating students.
see so much Hello Kitty in my life.
recognise my name in Hangeul (Korean alphabet).
be woken-up by church bells at 5:30 in the morning everyday.
have to turn on the water heater when I wanted to shower.
bribe students to learn by plying them with candy so frequently.
find squid in my food on such a regular basis.
speak in such short adjective-less sentences.
eat an entire ocean worth of seaweed.
look so forward to phone calls... from anyone.
see American magazines selling for $11 a copy.
listen to people brushing their teeth and hocking up phlegm in public.
writint a blog from the other side of the world... literally.

3 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a NEW Zealand blogger !!! What about all the "PLUS" side of it ???

Daniel Youngs said...

These aren't all negative things. It's just a list of things that astound me as I do them.

Helios said...

daniel, think i'll print this one out and frame it! :o)

I know the internet in your apt. has suddenly made the world a smaller place, but wish it made it small enough to meet for breakfast (which always seemed to be lunch!) at Be My Guest! Miss you!

Hey, don't let them poke you too hard!