Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm So Ronery, So Ronery, So Ronery And Sadry Arone

Okay, that's not racist, it's from the movie Team America, and it's Kim Jung Il singing. It's just a quote, before I hear bad things from people.

With that said, I'm very lonely here. I've met Americans. I've met lots of Koreans. My co-workers are nice to me, not that we hang out outside of work or anything. Still, the central problem is that at the end of the day I go home to an empty apartment. I'm tired from a long day of teaching, so going out just isn't on my list of things to do. Also, there is only so much attention you can expect from your fellow countrymen here in Korea before you become an unwanted person. After all, you know what they say about fish and guests.

At home I'm a very social person. I talk to my friends everyday. I talk to my family, I see people, I do things. This has stopped here in Korea. I have no one to tell the events of my day to when I go home. I have no one I can call without it costing $5/minute or whatever the rate is. I'm hoping that when I get internet at home this will become less of a problem.

So, eventhough things are going better each day, I'm lonely. I now have my bank account open and have my medical insurance card. I'm official. Now I just need someone to hang out with and tell that to. Any takers?

1 comment:

Helios said...

miss you too dan...sometimes i just want to pick up the phone talk to you. Yes, it'll be good when you can get online in your apt. You're apartment will seem a rittre ress ronery...

you will find people!

"Wherever you go, there you are"

sharon