Saturday, June 03, 2006

An Evening Out

On the way home friday, Mr. Yoo received a phone call from his wife. She wanted us to all go out to dinner. Okay. It was unexpected, but I was glad. I was kind of tired, but still up for going out. I did a quick mental check: I was wearing clean socks, so if I had to take my shoes off and sit on the floor I was good to go. This, by the way, is not a strange thing to think, but a major thing indeed.

We went to a restaurant that was part of an art glass shop/museum/thing. It was very nice, and quite fancy. I felt a bit out of place. I really felt bad though because they ordered for me, and ordered me a VERY expensive steak. I'm pretty sure it was a filet mignon. I don't like people spending that kind of money on me. It makes me nervous and guilty.

The dinner was nice. Mr. Yoo's wife was very nice, a beautiful woman who teaches elementary school. Her students are very bad too, so we had lots in common. Their two boys were with us, the oldest was 10 (or 8), and then the othe was 8 (or 6), I really can't remember their ages. They were cute, and well behaved. They both just got over nasty colds that sent them to the doctors. So, when Mr. Yoo had his kids shake my hand I subtley used hand sanitizer (they were coughing and phlegmy).

It was a really nice evening. They want to take me to pizza next time. They're a very cute couple and really adore eachother. It was nice to see. Hopefully we'll go out again soon.

1 comment:

Helios said...

glad you had a good time dan! hey, unexpected fun things are the best...go with it! they were just trying to order you food they thought you would like! they wanted your tortured stomach to have food you're used to eating in it!

yes, when in korea, always wear clean socks!