Thursday, June 22, 2006

More Of The Folk Village





On saturday, I returned to the Korean Folk Village in Yung-in, this time with Victoria and Beryl. We were in luck this time, there was a dance competition going on. We watched the dances for quite a while. Each dancer had such a unique hat on. I especially loved the hats that had a rotating stick that swung freely with a long streamer attached to it. Remember those dancers or tumblers that use the ribbon when dancing? Same thing, but attached to the head. I even have video of this, but I don't know how to post it. I think I'll have to figure out how to compress it first. Anyway, each dancer brought their own band with them that consisted of drums, mini-gongs, and a shawm (that annoying Shriner/snake charmer oboe thing).

I'm also going to include just some nice pics from the folk village. Please enjoy.

No comments: