Monday, June 05, 2006

I Feel Completely Out Of Proportion

Korean's do not normally eat with "western" cutlery. Very rarely do you see a knife, fork, and a spoon (they do use a long handled spoon when eating). So, when you see one of these objects it's kind of jarring, like the first time I ate rice here with a fork, it felt so dirty, so wrong.

Whenever I get "western" cutlery here, it's of munchkin stature. When you get a fork, it's like a tiny shrimp fork. Everything is the size of those ice cream tasting spoons at Baskin Robbins. I feel like Will Ferrill in "Elf."

Today a teacher brought in yogurt cups for everyone, the spoons were so small. I felt like a real jack ass eating yogurt with a tiny tiny tasting spoon. It took me ages to get through the yogurt. Now, when I come back to the U.S. and hold a normal fork I'm going to say "Have you seen the forks??? They're ginormous!!!"

No comments: