Friday, June 09, 2006

The Fiasco Is Over With

After weeks of trying and hair pulling and brain tumor growing effort, I have transferred money to the United States of America. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE.

Bank of America's website was giving me cancer from the stress. So, I phoned Niki at the company that brought me here. She suggested CitiBank, since it's everywhere. Well, Mr. Yoo called CitiBank in Seoul. They couldn't help me. I had to call the U.S. branch.

Well, I just went online, opened an account in no time. Next day went to Nonghyup, my bank in Korea, and transferred 1,000,000 Korean Won, and that's that. It only cost me $15 in fees, so I'm happy about that. The exchange rate was pretty good, I ended up sending $1,041 home. I would have sent more, but I'm a bit weary of that phone bill that is due. Don't want to be left high and dry, especially since I only get paid once a month.

So, now I'm just waiting a few days for the transfer to post to my account. I'm so freakin' happy and relieved right now. God willing, it will be so much smoother from now on.

No comments: