Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Go Korea!!!!

With the students bouncing off of the walls due to World Cup madness right now, I'm trying to use it to my advantage. We've been talking about the games. Korea played Togo, and I had no idea where that was. So, I showed my class the video "Yakko's World" in which Yakko Warner names the countries of the world.

http://media.putfile.com/Yakkos-World11

I printed out the lyrics and gave them to the class. Of course, what is the saying? Never work with children or animals. I think that should be "never rely upon technology." Students hooked the laptop up to the big tv, and there was no internet cord. That cord didn't reach across the room. So, they unhooked the laptop from the tv, brought it to the other end of the room, downloaded the video, brought it back and hooked it up to the tv. Great.

No sound. The shound cable had a short in it. So they were fidgeting with the cord. Deleted the video. Had to go and download it again.

This went on for about 20 minutes. Other tech people were called. Eventually we got it to work. I say we, but I didn't touch a thing. I showed the video 3 times, we even tried to sing the first verse, with only a few really trying. The kids liked it. It was quite a success. I'm hoping to not have these problems in the next room.

1 comment:

Daniel Youngs said...

I have the CD. I still listen to it. It's timeless. The first season is coming out on dvd this summer.