Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Night To Remember



Sunday night was my dinner party. This was a busy busy day for me. I talked to my parents for 90 minutes over the computer. I used the webcam to show them all of the things that I bought at the Korean Folk Village on saturday (those pics will be coming next). After talking to the folks, I hung up the calligraphy paintings on silk and russian posters that I had. Finally the place is looking more like a home. Then I had to clean. This took forever, since I did HEAVY cleaning.

After cleaning, I met Beryl near the bus stop, and went with her to the grocery store. Now, this is where the menu changed. Sine a meatball's worth of beef was $6, I decided to buy some chicken that was already prepared. I got a fried chicken (which was spicy), and a chicken with a glaze on it (VERY SPICY). Everything else stayed the same for the menu.

Problems cooking. I used a steamer basket and cooked zuccini and peas. The pot boiled itself dry, and scorched. So, those were ruined. I ended up nuking the zuccini in the microwave with some water. No problem. The rice pudding took a good hour to cook. When I went to make the garlic mashed potatoes I saw that my garlic was moldy. Dammit. I made normal mashed potatoes then.

Victoria and Beryl enjoyed the meal though. They liked the potatoes, since they're so rare here in Korea. Also, the rice pudding was a huge hit.

Also, most importantly, my place settings looked great.

1 comment:

Helios said...

dan...those place setttings are elegant...wish i had been able to make it!